"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
Audrey Hepburn

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

DC by night!

Salut mes amis and happy hump day! Is it wrong that everytime I, or anyone else for that matter, says that expression I immediately start rolling "Mean Girls" in my head and chuckle to myself as that ridiculous mom does her little "hump day butt pop"? Maybe it wouldn't be so wrong if I just stopped there, but once you get me thinking about the lives of catty high school girls apparently I just can't stop.Thus it leads to me saying things like "That is so fetch" all day long and, even worse, wanting to reply to myself "Stop trying to make fetch happen. It's not going to happen." I don't what I should be more concerned about. The fact that I can spend this much time thinking about Mean Girls, the fact that I have conversations like this in my head or the fact that I, embarrassingly, just shared it with you all! Hmm do I choose A,B,C or secret answer D, all of the above...

Remember how yesterday I showed you my DC by day weekend look? Well, I thought it was only fair to show you my DC by night weekend look! Oh and I even ran into Liz that night so now I have someone who can confirm that real life and blog life are one in the same. Winning. Oh and in case you are wondering, yes I have been wearing clothes the past two days, and they were cute clothes at that, but I just really wanted to share these photos with you from this weekend!
Dress: Vendor at Shecky's Girl's Night Out, Leggings: So old, no idea. Flats: Bandolino, Necklace: Forever 21, Earrings/ bracelet: gifted, bangles: Personal Accents, Rings: giveaway wins or gifted, Nail Polish: Essie Velvet Voyeur
Remember when I told you I bought this dress at Girls Night Out and that it was the first Bohemian piece I owned? Well maybe it was because it was my first experience with the style that I couldn't help but go all out accessorizing it properly. Thus the twists in my hair, dangly earrings, feathery necklace, rings on all fingers (not really all fingers of course) piles of bangles and my favorite juicy bracelet to top it all off. Like I said, I went all out. And guess what, I want to do it again! It was such a fun, and different, look for me and now I can't wait to style this little baby up again. I am thinking worn as a shirt, tucked into jeans possibly? I don't know that could get bunchy.
I fixed the "sun makes me squint" problem outdoor Laura was having by throwing her out waaaay after the sun went down. Now you get "I'm all smiles after a night out on the town" Laura. Yeah, you know what I mean.
I can't believe I wore flats to go out, since heels are usually what "make an outfit" for me and make me feel sexy. But I couldn't resist the purple peep toe flats with this outfit. Oh and when I asked roommate to pick out shoes for me, she picked these so that if her heel-clad feet got tired later she could swap me. Sneaky, sneaky roommate!
Roommate looked SO pretty this weekend rocking the red lips. Oh and if you like Mexican food and are ever in Georgetown, go to Cactus Cantina! So amazingly good.
And on a completely unrelated note-my favorite photo of the weekend, hands down. You should know I am a diva when I don't think anyone is looking. Oh and Stephen, this is two posts now. Now just do something awkward, or awesome, to make it on tomorrow and your life can be complete!! :)
I have a feeling that this little dress diddy is going to be very good to me this spring/summer! I always like trying out a new style and really liking it, so I think boho chic may be my new thing. Just as long as that doesn't mean I have to surrender my girly/romantic ways. Because that would be a fate worse than death. Or at least, a fate worse than giving up pasta. And if you know me at all you know that is as low as it gets for me. So, to summarize: I like bohemian style, but not enough to give up my classic girly style forever because that would be like giving up pasta. Did I clear that up? Excellent. Mission accomplished, over and out.

Bisous!

Follow A La Mode et Plus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you ladies! It makes my day to read your comments, so thank you for leaving the love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...