"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
Audrey Hepburn

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Crushing, no, full on loving, on the weekend!

Hi dolls! How were your weekends? Fabulous, I hope. Mine was actually one of the best I have had in a long time. Not that my other weekends have been bad, but this one was just one of those particularly wonderful stand out kind of weekends. You know, one of the ones where when you stop and think for a minute you realize how much you love your life and how happy you are with exactly where you are. Yep, that was how I felt all weekend. Blessed to be living where I live: in a fun and exciting new city and surrounded by incredible friends and family; blessed to be working a job that excites me every day about my future; and very blessed to have this fun, supportive community of people who share similar interests! Oh and did I mention that when are lucky enough to finally meet some of your bloggy friends in real life it is fantastic and not all awkward like making new friends sometimes is, because you skip the whole awkward phase since you feel like you "know" one another so well just from reading blogs every day? No, I didn't mention that? Well, now I did. And it is. Absolutely fantastic, that is.

You've probably guessed by now that I got to meet up with some bloggers this weekend, and you are correct! On Friday I met up with six other local bloggers- some fashion, some food, some photographers and a wedding blogger- and we ended up just hanging out, chatting, sipping wine eating yummy food for over 4 hours! It was an amazing night and I think it is safe to say we will be doing it again, soon! I was a bad blogger and didn't take any photos! I know, can you believe it? I think I was purely focused on getting to know the girls that I didn't even think about bloggy duties. But Liz to the rescue, for snapping some group photos of us all and I think Jenny got quite a few candid shots as well! I'll share some with you once the lovely ladies post them, if they are ok with it of course :) 

So I'm thinking we know each other well enough by now for you to know about my penchant for participating in fun blog games! So when Megan announced that she wanted to start a new feature called "Inspiration Monday" I figured I would be on board. Then when she decided that the first inspiration was going to be the ever chic Alexa Chung, I knew I was on board!
Here is this week's "inspiration photo." I used the general basics of the outfit- cardigan, tee, skirt, tights, chunky necklace and shoes- but played around with colors, patterns silhouettes, etc. Oh, and I don't have a bag even remotely like her fabulous baby, so I didn't include a bag. You'll have to let me know what you think.
Tee/skirt: J. Crew (recent sale), Cardigan: American Eagle, Tights: Target, Flats: Steve Madden, Watch: Michael Kors, Earrings:Forever 21, Necklace/rings: gifted
While I don't own any polka dotted or funly layered skirts such as the number miss Chung is sporting, I had just received this pleated navy trashbag skirt the day I found out about this challenge, so I decided it needed to play the role of sub. At least my skirt is still blue and it is flared. And to stick with the basic tee concept I paired it with this sent-from-heaven comfy tee, instead of a graphic tee since I thought this was more office appropriate. I think my cardigan is pretty right on, minus the color difference, and it was just a ballet flats kind of day, so that is my explanation there. To make up for the lack of a fun pattern on my skirt (aka no dots anywhere) I gave you some fun, detailed tights to look at instead. See last photo for close-up.
Oh hi there sideways me. I think roommate was getting a little interesting on this one tonight. Aka she wanted me to hurry up and be done with my daggone pictures so we could get running. I guess being sideways is what I get for delaying us :)
My new favorite pair of tights thanks to the floral detailing on the back! They add such a playful touch. My only worry with these is they are so thin, and I have long nails that just love to snag my tights. Often. As in I got a run in not one, but two pairs last week thanks to my annoying nails. So please, send your best wishes to these babies that they survive the tight scare of '11!
Fellow divas, what do you think of my Alexa interpretation? Do you draw inspiration from celebrity outfits? Who influences you most? Are you going to go click yourself right over to Megan's blog to see how some other lovely ladies styled this look? Hint: YES! Oh wait, I think I just gave you the answer. Oh well, go do it! Happy clicking :)

Bisous!

Follow A La Mode et Plus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you ladies! It makes my day to read your comments, so thank you for leaving the love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...