"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
Audrey Hepburn

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Spring 2013 Trends: From the Runway

Aloha kittens! So confession time: I am a liar. I told you I was done with the NYFW posts, but that was  just not true. I just can't help myself- I have NYFW withdrawal. That, and I wanted to make sure you were as informed as possible about what you should be wearing this Spring and Summer (although judging by the last photo in this post that won't be including pants). You can take the girl away from fashion week, but you can't take fashion week out of the girl. So let's find out what you can expect come Spring!

 *See all NYFW coverage here*

All photos from style.com
Leather

We've seen leather all over the place this fall, particularly leather detailing, leather pants and leather pencil skirts. Leather won't be going anywhere for spring but we'll see it in more colors, flouncier skirts, sleeveless tops and even ombre moto jackets (photo from zimbio.com) From: Nicole Miller, Walter Baker and Tibi.

Femininity

Old Hollywood glamour will be in full swing this spring with feminine silhouettes, fabrics and patterns. Think pleats, peplums, florals, lace, pencil skirts and full coverage dresses. From: Jill Stuart, Oscar de la Renta and Rebecca Minkoff.

Crop Tops

Not really sure what I think of this crop top/bra top trend, but it definitely has a 90s vibe. I love the more subtle Rebecca Minkoff take on the trend, though. From Tibi, 3.1 Phillip Lim and Rebecca Minkoff.

Black & White

We are usually inundated with colors for spring, whether it is pastels or neons, but this spring we will be returning to the classic black and white palette. White House Black Market should be thanking their lucky stars. From Lela Rose, Alice + Olivia and Oscar de la Renta.

space age

This year's runways were filled with out-of-this-world prints, metallic sheens and cuckoo headpieces. I have to say, I totally dig it. From Alexander Wang,Nicole Miller and 3.1 Phillip Lim.

Stripe on Stripe

We are all familiar with trendy stripes, particularly on boat-neck tees, but this season we will be seeing plenty of stripe on stripe looks, so get to mixing those stripes babes! I am majorly obsessed with this first look and the last one reminds me so much of a Carrie Bradshaw outfit. From Thakoon Addition, Alice + Olivia and Michael Kors.

And one trend I could do without...
  Description of Photo
...leaving the house without pants. Vag shots are not cool people. Ever. Keep the pants ON! From Theyskens' Theory.

Of course we will still be seeing plenty of peplum, lace, printed pants and pattern mixing for Spring, so now is the time to pick up these longer-lasting trendy items. Alright loverlies, have terrific weekends and I'll see you around these parts on Monday. I'll be the one in clothes. 

Bisous!

Follow A La Mode et Plus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you ladies! It makes my day to read your comments, so thank you for leaving the love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...