"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
Audrey Hepburn

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Brown paper packages tied up with strings

Salutations friends! I missed you while I was off in lazy land all weekend (er, Monday as well) doing absolutely anything but being productive! And when I say lazy I mean that I was in my PJs by 4:30 Saturday afternoon lying on a mattress (in my living room-don't ask) enjoying movie time. Doesn't get much lazier than that my friends. I did make it out of the house for a few hours for a FANTASTIC brunch with the ladies (and Mike). The food was incredible, the company unbeatable and the bottomless mimosas dangerous. Exactly what one wants in a brunch, mais oui? And in continuation of the lazy, I am foregoing editing any of the multiple sets of outfit shots just itching to make it on to the blog, and sharing with you a few summer essentials I have been ga-ga over lately. Enjoy!

Essie nailplosh
Images from Google
I'm not sure why, but this summer I have been obsessed with nail polish! It wasn't something I ever really cared about but lately I want to keep my nails painted at all times, and try to change colors on a weekly basis. I am in love with the fun summer shades Essie is offering, and picked these two (Braziliant and Trophy Wife) up recently on a late-night Target run.
Sushi rolls
Img. Credit: woodbridgeliving.wordpress.com
Lately I just can't get enough of sushi! I crave it all the time, and definitely over indulge whenever I am lucky enough to have some. This past weekend I was able to order from my favorite sushi place (in my hometown) and enjoyed this delicious Tokyo roll along with a Godzilla roll and spicy salmon roll! It was mm mm good!
Anything that can make me feel like I am drifting off to sea has captured my heart this summer! Perhaps it is because I would not-so-secretly rather be out on the ocean (or lake, really just body of water) than just about anywhere else. Ok, maybe not Paris. Basically, take me to le Seine tout de suite, s'il vous plait!
Braids
Images all from pinterest
The braid has always had an alluring appeal to me. Something about its simple, boho-chic vibe instantly makes me feel "summer cool." No wonder all three of these braids (or slight variations of) are sitting in my inspiration folder on pinterest. And no wonder I beg roommate to learn how to do them, since we all know I am worthless when it comes to hair!
floppy hats
Image from pinterest
So basically what I am saying here, is I need to give myself a braziliant mani/pedi, throw a vintagy bathing suit and floppy hat in a nautical inspired bag, have roommate whip up a fantastic braid concoction and head to the water! Oh, and perhaps grab some sushi on the way. Wait a minute... I am spending 4th of July weekend at the lake... Maybe this post was secretly my weekend packing list masquerading as a "things I love post." I guess you'll never know...

Bisous!

Follow A La Mode et Plus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you ladies! It makes my day to read your comments, so thank you for leaving the love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...