"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
Audrey Hepburn

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Lessons only a daddy can teach

 10. Where to find the best worms, and how to put 'em on a fishing hook. 
9. How to charge a ground ball and swing a baseball bat
 8. Everyone has something to offer this world, so don't ever think you are above learning from certain people.
 7. When choosing a partner remember that looks will fade and passion will fizzle, but humor lasts a lifetime.
6. When to reach for the next branch and keep climbing the tree, and (equally important) when I'd gone high enough.
 5. The Red Sox are always, always superior to the Yankees, even if the standings say otherwise.
 4. Real men aren't afraid to dance, and I'm not talking about that bumping and grinding silliness.
 3. Rollercoasters are only scary when you close your eyes.
 2. When it is more important than anything else to stop and smell the roses.
1. Most importantly, the way a man should love and respect a woman and make her feel like the most beautiful girl in any room.

Dad- I love you more than words can express, and that is saying a lot coming from a writer! You were my first teacher and you taught me all the truly important things in life. You helped me face my fears by overcoming your own. And you never let me think that anything was out of reach if I worked hard enough. I will always remember the best piece of advice you ever gave me: The only person who can truly stop you from getting what you want is you. On that day you taught me that if I only believed in myself and my dreams enough I would find a way to make the world believe, too. You always quietly reminded me that whenever my heart was hurting I could always make my way home to the first man who had ever loved me, and the one who would always be there waiting arms wide open ready for a hug. We're traveling along somewhere in between the second and third verse of Bob Carlisle's song and I can't even wait to share that special third verse with you some day soon, even though you can't get through it without crying. Thanks for teaching me the practical life skills along with the whimsical. You're the best fishing buddy, dancing partner, rollercoaster riding, baseball coaching dad a girl could ask for. And don't worry, I'll make sure any other guy in my life knows that my first love set the bar really high. I love you forever and always, to the moon and back and with all my heart and soul daddy. Thanks for being my guy and happy Father's Day!

Love, 
The girl who'll always give you butterfly kisses

Follow A La Mode et Plus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you ladies! It makes my day to read your comments, so thank you for leaving the love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...