"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
Audrey Hepburn

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Shades of blue

Hi friends! Happy belated Memorial Day! I hope you all made the most of the three day weekend, and soaked up some rays on a mini-vacation, or enjoyed a relaxing stay-cation! Whatever way you chose to celebrate, I hope you took a minute to remember all of our fallen heroes, and the thousands of servicemen and women still fighting for our glorious country's freedom every day! I decided to not only bask in the glory of the sun by the lake and think about the reason for the holiday, but also to pop in and give a quick salute (and a lot of dollars) to the ER doctors of America; or more specifically the doctors of the UVA Hospital. Yes, unfortunately I got to be one of the unlucky few to spend 5+ hours of my day off in a hospital bed, waiting to hear whether I was ok after I took a bad spill off a boating tube on Sunday. Absolute yuckiness, right? :( BUT I am totally fine, and don't want to bore you with the details, so let's just move on to greener pastures.
maxi dress
Dress: Old Navy, Tee: LOFT, Shoes: Payless, Ring: Charlotte Russe, Ring: Amrita Singh, Watch: Michael Kors, Necklace: c/o Towne and Reese
maxi dress
I sort of decided to start my holiday weekend a little early, so these photos from Thursday never even got posted! Woops. That's my blogger bad.
maxi dress
I guess you could say I was feeling rather blue last Thursday :) No, in reality, I just desperately felt like piling on as much turquoise.blue jewelry as possible for no explainable reason that day! Do you ever have those moments where you are compelled to don a certain color in overload for no real reason?
See that fun "shades of blue" necklace that I am wearing today (er, Thursday)? Yes, that gorgeous, chunky statement necklace. That's the one.Well it just so happens to be a gift from the wonderfully, kind ladies over at Towne and Reese. I was over the moon when I opened my lovely package and saw this beauty (and an incredible cuff bracelet to be seen later!) shining up at me and couldn't even wait to wear it! So I promptly did the very next day :) I am sure by now you have heard of this awesome company, as they are most definitely the talk of the blogging town! Just in case you haven't, you should definitely hop on over there and check out their gorgeous necklaces, earrings and bracelets! All of their jewelry are incredibly priced (under $50) and unique statement pieces that will be sure to leave you standing out from the crowd, in a radiantly good way! I got compliments all day long about the necklace and loved being able to brag on Towne and Reese. Plus, at these prices, you will be able to spoil yourself without even feeling like it is a splurge! Who doesn't love that?

maxi dress
Crazy-scary pale girl says hey!! After my lake weekend, it is more like still-pretty-pale-girl-with-burnt-neck says hey! I don't know if that is even an improvement...
maxi dress
I apologize for the slight blurriness in a lot of these photos! My camera has been rebelling against me lately whenever I take my own photos. I think it might just need to be punished by hauling it off to a camera tutorial class so I can actually learn how to properly use it!
maxi dress
I am absolutely loving the statement this necklace makes! It really is the perfect combination of fun, youthful and spunky, while still being professional and sophisticated enough to rock at work. Does it get any better? Oh wait, I forgot to mention that it includes my current summer color obsession-mint! Now, does it get any better?? I don't think so!
Ok loves, I really pinky-promise mean it this time when I say that it will not be days on end until you hear from me next! Seriously, you can take me to the bank on this promise :) And I might just have a stupendous giveaway in store to make it up to you! Have a terrific rest of your Tuesday!

Bisous!


Follow A La Mode et Plus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you ladies! It makes my day to read your comments, so thank you for leaving the love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...