"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
Audrey Hepburn

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Fashion's Night Out!

Happy hump day everyone! Thankfully I am back at work today after an awful bout of food poisoning yesterday. You know you love your job when you miss it even after only being gone for a day! As a tribute to my upcoming first real trip to the fabulous New York City this weekend, I am putting together a run down on the must-see events of the 2nd annual Fashion's Night Out. Even the Wall Street Journal is blogging about these parties, so you know they are going to be good! I am so excited that my first trip to the city I have been dying to see just so happens to correspond with this awesome event on Friday. There are seriously hundreds of parties you could attend that night, and it would be simply impossible to hit all of them. But these are just a few of the attractions that have intrigued me. You can plan your own FNO agenda though by visiting their website and organizing your evening by neighborhood, categories and specialties. Word of warning, don't expect to find major discounts Friday night, as the purpose of the event, according to FNO's website, "is to celebrate and support the fashion and retail industries with full-price shopping." But, with a menu packed with celebrity/designer appearances, giveaways, cocktails, live music and much, much more I don't think you will be disappointed.

Ok the giveaway alone is calling my name! But the meet and greet with Terrence Koh is the real reason to attend. The Paris based label is traditionaly more of a fashion-insider's favorite name, but has been in the spotlight after its recent announcement that it will collaborate with H&M for a fall collection. Plus, who doesn't love BINGO?! 6:30-7:30 p.m. 815 Madison Ave. at 68th st.
Be one of the first to see Henry Holland's new tank dresses at Teen Vogue and ASOS's block party. With a performance by V.V. Brown and hair styling by Sally Hershberger, the party is definitely on my must-attend list. And according to Talking Makeup, all attendees  will receive a complimentary "British Bulldog" tee. 6-11 p.m. Bleecker St.
This party is almost too overwhelming! Guests will even have the chance to be styled by and photographed with their favorite designers. Celebrity appearances include the legendary Tom Ford (!!) signing bottles of fragrance purchases made that day, the ever posh Victoria Beckham, Mary J. Blige, Heidi Klum and Jason Wu. There will even be a karaoke party and canine catwalk show! Check out the extremely packed schedule for full details. 4-11 p.m. 754 Fifth Ave.
As a longtime fan of the Olsen twins I can't pass up a chance to see them at Barneys! However, for the sake of everyone's dear drums I will not be participating in the karaoke challenge they will be judging. I will definitely be trying to meet Alexander Wang, sampling Bob Sendall's chocolate treats and drooling over the FNO's special edition Alexander McQueen scarf! 6-11 p.m. at Madison and 61st. Details here.
Dancing with the Designers. Need I say more?? Advertised as "fashions ultimate rockin party" guests can celebrate Donna Karan's 25th anniversary as a designer, score private dance lessons with designers such as Zac Posen and sneak a peek at Sergio Rossi's new Cachet pumps. 6-11 p.m. at 611 5th Avenue.
There are sooo many more stores I want to hit up, but we will just have to see what time permits. Will you be attending FNO this year? What parties are on your schedule? Hopefully I will run into some of you there! Happy packing ladies!!

Bisous!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're feeling better! Food poisoning is never a fun way to kick off an upcoming weekend to NYC! I'm so excited for your trip. I've never been to the city. Report back with lots of photos!

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear from you ladies! It makes my day to read your comments, so thank you for leaving the love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...