"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
Audrey Hepburn

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Alexa Chung for Madewell!

Bonsoir beautiful bloggers! I hope everyone had a fabulous Thursday and that those of you headed up to NYC this weekend are as excited as I am! I am actually blogging from the bus right now and my connection isn't great, so I am going to keep this pretty short. I couldn't miss the chance to comment on the release of the Alexa Chung for Madewell line though! I am sure many of you have been eagerly awaiting this line, as I have, since you read about the collaboration on refinery 29 in February. All I can say is that I am not disappointed! Alexa Chung can seriously do no wrong in my book and this line is no exception. The entire line has an adorable vintage, but upscale, feel to it and the pieces are incredibly versatile. The outfit possibilities are endless! My only complaint is that I wish a few more of the pieces were priced under $100, since it was advertised as an affordable line. However, the prices are still very reasonable for the high quality and designer label. I am dying to add a few of these pieces to my wardrobe, and have had a couple sitting in my virtual shopping cart all day. I am restraining myself until I come home from NYC because who knows what kind of damage I will do there! For now, I will just have to keep returning to the website and eyeing the beautiful collection.
I am obsessed with the versatility of this blouse! It takes on an entirely different look depending on whether it is dressed down by being worn under a layer, or worn alone as a chic, sexy sheer top for a night out. Obsessed!!
I am dying to get my hands on these gorgeous high-waisted shorts and wear them over tights. They are the perfect summer-reminiscent item to wear in the fall.
Just looking at this knit sweater makes me want to curl up the fire place with a fabulous book and cup of hot chocolate. Knits are my ideal fall/winter go-to item because they are comfortable and fashionable at the same time.
And of course a classic Alexa Chung tea dress. Everything about this girly dress screams me from the polka dots to the silk satin fabric. Love it and adore the way it is styled here!!
I just hope these items aren't already sold out by the time I get home! I know her pieces are going quickly and a few have already been temporarily sold out! Did anyone make any Alexa Chung purchases today? Are you thinking about making any? What items are you loving from this collection? How did you feel about the collection overall? Get your beauty rest girls and I would love to meet any of you who will be at FNO tomorrow!

Bisous!

(Images from madewell.com)

4 comments:

  1. Hi! Thanks for your comment! OMG I bit the bullet and spent $400! Ugh! But I got the Betty Tea dress after I had saved 2 different sizes and one of them disappeared from my shopping cart after being sold out. If it doesn't fit I'll return it but the tea dress should be classic! I got the Iris blouse (the one in the pic with the shorts you want) and a plaid shirt from the regular Madewell stuff. Eek! Wish I could do New York. Have a blast!

    xx Vivian @ http://diamondsandtulle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of a tailored high-waisted denim short in the second picture. It's modest and chic, rather than trashy and sloppy.

    http://dreamingchiffon.blogspot.com
    http://notthathaute.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite is definitely the blouse in the second photo - although that sheer polka dot blouse would get a lot of mileage too! Lovely pieces.

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear from you ladies! It makes my day to read your comments, so thank you for leaving the love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...