"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
Audrey Hepburn

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Lacquer up dolls!

Hi loves! I realized this weekend just how much blogging has come to mean to me when I really missed all of my blog friends and reading about what was going on in your fabulous lives! It was a lovely weekend with my brother though, which is always good. The weather was absolutely perfect for a sports-filled weekend, and that is exactly what we had! I always enjoy a good dose of baseball, particularly when my brother is pitching GREAT, but I had forgotten how much fun a live college football game can be! And of course watching your team win as the underdog just adds so much joy to the outing.
Taking our picture with the superstar! Getting the whole family together is always such a blessing, since it doesn't happen often anymore. My mom and I are such shrimps next to them! I am actually the shortest of the bunch, but I was on higher ground.
I have mentioned a few times that my biggest fashion goal this season is to diversify my look and not be afraid to try new styles. Well, I feel that I have been making progress with my clothing choices every day, but I am still in a major beauty routine rut. I am so quick to stick to them same look day in and day out with makeup, hair and nails. I have always been a fan of the natural look, and it is quite easy to do when in a rush in the morning. But with plenty of incredible beauty products, hairstyles and nail trends out there, it is a faux-pas for any fashionista to eschew creativity for simplicity all the time. With the s/s 2011 shows indicating that muted beauty trends will be traded in for bright and wild, now is the perfect time to get more comfortable with new looks.So I hereby declare to branch out my entire look from head to toe.
So excited to try out this perfect fall collection! I have been rather obsessed with it for awhile now, so I was thrilled to finally get my hands on these beauties! Now, I just need to get them on my fingers!
As a girl who tends to be averse to change, I am aware that I will need to ease myself in on this full beauty regimen overhaul, so focusing on one thing at a time is the best way to go. Changing nail polish colors may seem like such a basic, and fun, way to spice up any beauty lull but as the girl who continuously reaches for the same shade of pink year-round, even this is a step in the right direction. But with wonderful colors such as the Essie Fall 2010 collection now easily within reach change has never looked so good! Now, my biggest dilemma is which of these gems to lacquer up with first. I'm thinking merino cool or sew psyched first.
How fun is this??
Refinery 29 is definitely one of my must-reads every day and it was perfect timing when they happened to have a fantastic article the other day on spring nail trends. This one is just too cute! I think I prefer the look of a moon at bottom or top, but not both. I can't wait to try it out. Might need professional help on this one, though.
Does this take anyone else back to middle school years?? In those days, it seemed that the more you had on your nails the better. Thank goodness for the return to minimalism.
I just adore fall! The perfect breezes, the leaves changing, chai lattes, the CLOTHES!! Everything about the season is magnificent and Friday was one of those perfect days where you needed at least a light layer. I bought this vest last year, a little too late in the season and I have been itching to wear it ever since.  Long sleeve tee: H&M Paris, Vest: Hautelook.com, Jeans: Levis, Boots: Steven by Steve Madden, Belt: thrifted, Bag: handbag heaven, Jewelry: Amrita Singh, from Gilt.
So the place my mom stayed for the weekend in Williamsburg was gorgeous and the lighting was great when we got there, so went a little crazy on pics!
I am totally in love with this necklace right now. Kind've wishing I had ended up buying the matching ring for the set, but c'est la vie!
And to finish the weekend off, a little peek at my current lust-list obsession:
I am just crazy for this Just Cavalli multi silk printed dress!! I adore the pattern, and like how there is a little mixing of pattern working. It is majorly marked down on Rue La La and they aren't sold out in my size yet, but.... I don't know!
What was on your agenda this weekend lovely ladies? Ever been in a beauty rut? How did you get out? Any nail trends you can't wait to rock? Should I be bad and get this wonder of a dress, or admire from afar??

Bisous!

(Nail images courtesy of refinery29 and dress image courtesy of Rue La La)

18 comments:

  1. Do you have the full Essie set? So jealous! I'm obsessed with both purples, the brown, and maybe the green, too! Definitely update us with pictures of you wearing the new colors.

    BTW, I'm definitely going through a nail phase right now. I'm currently wearing dark purple (similar to Essie's Velvet Voyeur, actually), but I've recently worn navy and berry.

    xoxo Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you got the Essie collection - beautiful colors! You'll love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love all the nail polish colours xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, that last dress is divine and so tempting. I just logged in to peek at it.

    I'm loving the Essie collection colors - definitely a fun way to start experimenting with your look! And speaking of looks, you look great in your outfit. That berry color is gorgeous on you. (I picked up those earrings too - love 'em!)

    It sounds like you had a really fun weekend with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh I love your outfit! And I know what you mean about changing what you wear, I try to do that too :D And I should really start using makeup again, but I'm too lazy in the morning to wake up earlier (I already rush now...I have so many comments to leave before work ;) )
    http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, you look phenomenal in that ensemble! I love hte mix of fall colors; and the backdrop to these photographs of you is just stunning! Gah! Do not get me started on nail polish - I am obsessed with Essie and am dying to try out their Fall collection...the colors are GORG!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must have essie's fall collection!! love it
    and I have said, I love your boots ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. j'aime beaucoup toutes les couleurs de tes vernis Essie.
    Très jolies photos de toi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great nail polish shades and I LOVE your boots and vest :)

    xx
    Jen

    http://belledecouture.blogspot.com

    CHECK OUT MY GIVEAWAYS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. you look great! I like colors of the nail polish!

    greetings from
    http://mikalafashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the burgundy and navy blue combo with the brown leather..you look STUNNING!!! I'm obbbsessed with doing my nailpolish all the time and just got into Deborah Lipman sparkle polish..it's soo 3D and think you would love the dark Fall colors!!! They are obsessive!!!!
    kisses
    xoThe Beckerman Girls

    http://BeckermanBitePlate.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pictures! Loving your acessories and that nailpolish collection is fantastic!! :)SarahD

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the polish collection! And the riding boots you are wearing! They ar just stunning! hugs doll ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is such a lovely outfit and those colours look amazing on you:)...I love the Essie collection :)
    Kisses,sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  15. eee! vena cava nails :D want.
    and you look gorgeous - love the necklace!
    great blog!
    loving the posts
    stop by some time xx
    take a peek at my giveaway while you're at it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The necklace is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear from you ladies! It makes my day to read your comments, so thank you for leaving the love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...