"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
Audrey Hepburn

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Stepping out of the box

I am fairly predictable when it comes to fashion. My style is pretty girly and very rarely do I incorporate any other elements of style into my look. Yet, I often find myself lusting after more bold looks in magazines. So this fall, I am determined to step outside my self-imposed style box and become more creative with my wardrobe choices. I have seen many bloggers whose looks still maintain a girly vibe, but with a bit of edginess mixed in and I really like it! Thus, this portion of my wish list contains items that I wouldn't typically pick out for myself, but have always eyed longingly when others pull off the look.

3. The military-inspired look is very hot for fall, yet I tend to just flip on by those pages in the magazines assuming I could never pull off the edgy items. But after seeing one of my friends whose style is similar to mine fabulously wear a military jacket, I have vowed to try to add a military-esque item to my closet this fall and rock it!
This Ann Taylor Loft jacket is my favorite so far and the girly/egdy vibe of this look really inspires me. 

4. Despite my obsession with boots (as noted yesterday), one style I have stayed away from in the past is the lace up bootie/heel. I don't have a good explanation for why, but it has just never been a style I was attracted to. But last weekend I found a pair at the Bloomie's Outlet that I LOVED and have been considering purchasing ever since. Again, I like the idea of diversifying my wardrobe and this is definitely a look that I do not have in my closet currently.
I love the rustic/woodsman feel of this BCBGmaxazria heel. 
5. Ever since I came home from Paris I have been tossing around the idea of purchasing a motorcycle jacket. It seemed like every European woman owned one and women with all different fashion styles were rocking the look. I have held off as I wasn't sure what I would wear one with, but with jackets as chic as this, I am not sure how much longer I will be able to resist.
Love everything about this Caslon faux leather jacket!
6. I never, ever thought I would find myself wanting a pair of clogs! I remember when they were all the rage in 7th grade, and I thought they were hideous. But I am slowly starting to come on board with the 70s inspired heeled clogs that have found their way back in style this season.
I think with the right sweater dress these Vince Camuto cover clogs could be beautiful!
Riding on the success of last year's fashion resolution (to wear dresses/skirts more, and jeans less) I am determined to follow through with my goal of expanding my fashion horizons. Now I want to hear what new trends you ladies will be trying to work into your fall wardrobe. Is there a style you have always wanted to try? Let me hear from you!

Bisous!

(All images from polyvore.com)

2 comments:

  1. We're definitely going in the same direction! I bought a boy's sweater today at J. Crew to go for a bit of an oversized look. (Purple, but still in the right direction, am I right?)

    xoxo Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely in the right direction! And the sweater looks fabulous, by the way!

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear from you ladies! It makes my day to read your comments, so thank you for leaving the love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...