Today was a rainy, gray day- the kind where you don't even want to crawl out from under your luxe covers and drag yourself anywhere and if I was still in college it would have been the perfect skip class and lounge day. But, alas in the working world that is not an option. So to counter-act the rainy day blues, I thought about all the things I am loving right now, and thought I would share a few with you femme fatales!
1. Ok this Christian Louboutin twisted suede bootie is definitely an "only in my dreams" shoe, but I am still smitten! It truly combines so many of my shoe loves: a dipped vamp to subtly slim your leg, the ever trendy bootie look, a sky-high platform heel and of course the signature red sole! Oh what I wouldn't give to see that coveted red sole shining from my closet every day! If only I had a spare $1100…
2. Orly's Space Cadet polish: Ever since one of my favorite bloggers, Café Fashionista, blogged about the out-of-this-world shade which she called "THE color for fall", I have been dying to get my hands on it and paint up! Though the elusive polish still has not made its way to my makeup drawer, its chameleon-like capabilities haunt me and making it mine is on my must-do list for the weekend.
3. The Best American Sports Writing 2010: For those of you who haven't noticed yet, I am a sports junkie. I come from a family of sports nuts, so I'm not sure I ever really had a choice. I wouldn't say I follow sports news as religiously as I scout fashion and trends, but it is a very close second. Needless to say, when I came across this delightful read in a tiny bookshop in Georgetown with a quite eccentric collection, I was thrilled! I grew up reading the sports page of the Washington Post with my dad every morning, so this collage of "the best sports writing" of recent days brings back fond memories of those mornings. I usually only read one essay before bed at night, because I want to savor the book and prolong the joy that the words bring me.
4. Thanks to my Paris BFF I am now the unfortunate victim of a serious addiction. Yes, my loves I regret to inform you that I have turned into a total chai latte addict!! The entire time we were in Paris she spoke about this mystical drink as if it had actual hearing powers. So naturally, on our first rendez-vous back in the States we drank the infamous drink and I was instantly hooked. Now, my morning doesn't feel complete until I am guzzling down this delectable beverage.
5. Sweaterdresses: One of my biggest obsessions right now is sweaterdresses. Nothing screams fall to me more than a cozy sweaterdress and it just so happens that victoria's secret has been sending me daily emails reminding me of the gorgeous jewel-colored gems that they currently have on sale and it is taking all my willpower to resist digitally snatching them all up. I might have to break down and get one, but I would really prefer to try a few options on first, considering one of the biggest draws of the outfit is how comfy chic it is!
6. YOU!! Honestly, this blogging journey is one of the things that makes me the happiest right now! I have fooled around with blogging before, but I have never gotten serious about it before. But this time, I feel like I have a community to connect with, a passion to share and "friends" who inspire me every day. Plus, I just love writing in any form and writing about fashion is just the cherry on top! Thank you reading and for the comments. They truly are a high point of my day. And I promise to return the favor :)
So now dolls, what is on your love list? Do you have any tricks you use to keep your spirits up on those rainy days? What fabulous plans do you have for the weekend?