"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
Audrey Hepburn

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I'm baaaaack

Bonjour blogilicious babes! This post is coming at you from the comfort of my own bed. Yes sir-re, I am home indeedy. Coming home from vacation is always bittersweet. You never want to leave the people you were visiting (especially when you have awesome family), but you are looking forward to all the things you left behind (especially when you have an awesome roommate and pup)! So we will suffice it to say that I miss my diva girl and batman, but I was very happy to see roommate and Eli's face at the airport :) Oh and for all you florida babes, I have major respect for you. How you find the energy to dress up and look cute in that darn heat every day is beyond me. I don't have a single picture to share of me from my trip, which is a good thing because I looked like  sweaty mess all week. I didn't even blow-dry my hair. And I wore the same three outfits over and over. So lazy!

Ok, I know EXACTLY what you are thinking when you see these photos: we've seen this outfit before! Ah, young grasshopper(s), look carefully and you shall see many subtle differences that allow me to not feel shame in posting this as a new look, not a repeat. Notice the glowing white legs which have replaced the tights necessary for braving the colder weather, and of course how could you miss the fact that I am sporting purple wedges instead of purple flats? I know, big changes here people. Let's not forget that where there were previously two twists, now there is only one LC-like braid. And do I even need to mention the myriad of jewelry changes? I think not. So there you have it folks. The remixing genius of moi. No need for applause. I can feel your awe radiating through the computer screen. 
boho style
Dress: Vendor at Shecky's Girl's Night Out, Wedges: Payless, Earrings: Forever 21, Bangle: Georgetown Flea Market
outfit of the day
I think this dress may be the best $20 I ever spent because it always leaves me feeling like a whole new person after I wear it. Like a little bohemian gypsy woman! Ah, the power of a dress :)
braids
I have always loved Lauren Conrad's style- hairstyles in particular. And what is she better known for than her little braided part! 
blue dress purple wedges
So I am realizing that my nails don't match my outfit at ALL, but hey its summer! It is ok to be a little crazy. 
bohemian style
I kept it very simple with jewelry because I was heading to trivia night, where I knew I would be baking like a bun in the oven. And I personally hate when I am so sticky that my jewelry is clinging to me. No bueno. 
bohemian style

Since I am now officially back from vacation, I think it is time to let my worry wart side kick me into high gear on job searching! Time to get cracking, so wish me luck and I will keep you updated on my progress :) Ciao bellas!

Bisous!

Follow A La Mode et Plus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you ladies! It makes my day to read your comments, so thank you for leaving the love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...