"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
Audrey Hepburn

Friday, July 15, 2011

Time to party

Hi dolls! Look at me, blogging two days in a row, keeping promises and shiz. It's like I'm a whole new blogger. Or, I'm the blogger I used to be, finally getting back into the swing of things. That is more like it. So, a little update for those of you who were curious. My year-long fellowship ended and I have been officially unemployed for a week and a half. It feels.... odd. That is really the only word to describe it. It isn't all bad, because I am enjoying the relaxing time off, and the increased amount of time I have to do the things I enjoy (aka blogging). Plus, I am currently down in sunny, hot (as in surface of the sun HOT) Florida visiting family. I really can't complain. But the lack of a paycheck rolling in today is definitely a reminder that I need to find my next job asap. As in, I needed it yesterday kind of asap. But, I am not worrying about this until after I get back on Monday. Worrying has no place on a vacation. 

Yesterday I showed you photos from the incredible press preview of Nectar Skin Bar, and only gave you a little preview of my outfit. Don't fret, because today I have full photos for you! I know, you probably lost a lot of sleep over my little game. I am sorry dears. 
lace dress
Dress: Urban Outfitters, Shoes: Jessica Simpson, Watch: Michael Kors, Clutch: Banana Republic, Ring: Amrita Singh, Necklace/earrings: gifted
outfit photo
Excuse the glistening face I'm sporting, but trust me you'd be sporting it too if you were walking around in 100 degree weather. 
oversized clutch
Lace, snakeskin and 6 in. wooden heels... oh my! Some may say I was over the top. I just call it your typical Monday night attire. You understand.
Blogger event
Thank goodness for roommate finding a hair style to get my hair off my face, and it partially hid the hideous amount of sweating that was occuring. 
spa party
I owe Ms. Simpson a big thank you, because man oh man did her little Dany platforms garner me quite  a few compliments and conversation starters! 
Jessica Simpson Dany's
I just had to show you how cute roommate looked in her coral and turquoise outfit! And no, she was not double fisting- just holding my drink for me :)
Tomorrow I plan to do nothing but soak in the awesomeness of time with family, so you probably won't hear from me. Maybe on Sunday. Notice that I used the word maybe, which means I am under no obligation to follow through. Gosh darn, I would have made a great lawyer. Always finding the loopholes! Until the next time, dearies.

Bisous! 

Follow A La Mode et Plus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you ladies! It makes my day to read your comments, so thank you for leaving the love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...