"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
Audrey Hepburn

Friday, August 19, 2011

5 miles and an interview

Hola amigos! Happy (late) Friday (almost Saturday). I hope you are all excited for the weekend, but really, how could you not be? I am excited about two things tonight. Can you guess what they are?? C'mon they are right in front of you. Yea, there you go. I knew you'd figure it out :) But in case you didn't and you are just pretending I will go ahead and tell you. I got a call tonight from an editorial editor... asking if I could come in for an interview next week!! Yes, I am beyond pumped! I know there is absolutely no guarantee from it, but an interview is the first step! It is a really great paper, and I wouldn't have to move. All very good things. I'm a little superstitious so I don't want to say too much in case i jinx it, but I'll share more after the interview (maybe). 

The second excitement inducing event of the evening occurred directly after the phone call, so it is probably a result of the interview. I was going out for a run and my goal was just 3 miles, since I had 4 for the first time yesterday and my hip was really hurting. But I felt amazingly good the whole time, so I pushed myself and ended up doing 5 miles for the first time EVER! I was so excited. It was also the first time that i enjoyed myself during the run, and not just afterwards. I think I am starting to like this thing... I took it as a sign that it was time to finally sign up for a 10k I had been keeping on the back burner. So now I am officially signed up to run 6.2 miles in about a month and I am actually excited. Who woulda thunk it? Certainly not this girl who whined and complained when her roommate made her run for 15 minutes a day :)

I know neither of these has absolutely anything to do with fashion and I don't even have any pictures for you to go with the news, so hopefully you will just understand that I wanted to share my double excitement with you. And I have an actual post for you on Sunday so I'll se you then! 

Bisous! 

Follow A La Mode et Plus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me hear from you ladies! It makes my day to read your comments, so thank you for leaving the love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...