"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
Audrey Hepburn

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Boots galore!

Thank goodness boots are big again this season! It makes it a lot easier to justify my obsession, and the growing collection in my closet. I had never cared much for boots until I went to Paris in 2008 and realized that they seemed to be the only shoe European women wore in the winter.To me, boots only came in one style: ugly winter boots your mother forced you to wear to school as soon as the weatherman even hinted at snow. I quickly understood how wrong I was after I saw the myriad of beautiful choices these woman had as the windows of every corner boutique teemed with gorgeous boots of every color and style I could imagine! Unfortunately, I was limited in my purchasing options by my meager student budget, as well as my already overflowing suitcase. I still managed to acquire a small heeled black ankle boot that I can wear with practically any outfit in the winter, and a beautiful chestnut mid-calf heeled boot that is unfortunately in need of a small repair. Rest assured that once the weather permits and the boot is back in commission, it will make many appearances. Needless to say, boots are another must-have item on my fall wish list!

2. As alluded to above, I am fairly set as far as heeled boots go (especially considering I didn't mention the caramel colored mid calf boot acquired from Kohl's last season or the knee high steve madden black boot I recently purchased from DSW), but my wardrobe is definitely lacking in the flat boot category. Luckily, this style is all the rage this fall and I have many options to choose from. I mentioned yesterday that I am not a label snob on most items and the boot is definitely one where I am open-minded. However, I am careful to make sure that the boot is good quality and thus will last for more than a few wearings. Here are just a few of the boots I am currently loving.
Loving Steve Madden's Intyce boot in cognac. The slight wedge adds a nice bit of height for us shorter girls.
I definitely have a thing for Madden boots, especially the Bonanza in black. So comfortable and chic!
I think Madden Girl's Zaney in cognac may be my favorite! I adore the military-esque brass buttons!
Love the buckles on Madden Girl's Zeda, but the jury is still out on the over-the-knee look.
Ok, so I guess I am more interested in a boot with a slight wedge rather than a completely flat boot. What's a short girl to do? Which Madden boot piques your interest? What fall boot are you ladies ga-ga over? Comment it up girls!

Bisous!

(Images from stevemadden.com)

2 comments:

  1. I have a boot collection taking over my closet as well! Thanks for sharing :) ps. that Audrey quote is pretty amazing!!!

    ~Anette
    http://ilovemylbd.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Anette! Audrey says things perfectly in my opinion :) Just checked out your blog and I really enjoyed it! Will definitely be back for more.
    Bisous!

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear from you ladies! It makes my day to read your comments, so thank you for leaving the love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...