"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
Audrey Hepburn

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Completing fall wish list

I apologize for my lack of posting, but I was on a much needed, relaxing girls weekend at the beach with my family! Could there be anything better than a weekend of tanning, swimming, reading magazines and spending time with my really awesome mom, cousin and aunt?? I don't think so! We really had a blast, and it was so nice to finally give my brain a rest, since it had felt like it was on over-drive last week. Now, I am back to the grind but have much to look forward to with multiple weekend travels ahead, including a trip to my lovely alma-mater, my first real visit to the fabulous NYC, a birthday surprise for a friend at my brother's school, a celebration of new life in Pennsylvania for my favorite cousin's baby shower and capturing the love of a beautiful couple during an engagement photo shoot! Basically I am going to be packing, traveling, unpacking and doing it again for all of september!! Can't wait!

Well, I am definitely ready to start blogging about something other than my fall wish list, even though I do love salivating over beautiful fashion, so this will be my wrap-up segment!

7. Two trends that I have seen everywhere for this season are the trench coat, and the color camel. I am dying to combine the two and purchase a camel colored trench coat! I have wanted to do this ever since I fell in love with Audrey Hepburn's iconic look at the end of Breakfast at Tiffany's, and now I really wish I had had the moxy to try the look before it became a trend. 
Most romantic movie kiss ever, in my opinion!
Though I missed my opportunity to be ahead of the game on this trend, I plan on jumping on board anyways and updating my idol's classic look, hopefully with the purchase of this fabulous trench!
Hoping to score this topshop camel trench during my visit to NYC in a few weeks!

8. This fall I really want to embrace texture, pattern and feminine details by incorporating trends such as suede wedges,big cozy knits, animal print and sequins into my daily wardrobe. As I have said many times before, my style is consistently classic girly and this fall I am all about breaking out of that mold, by mixing elements of other styles with my girly fashion. Still working on finding some great knits, and any suggestions would be very appreciated!
Faux suede, but they still accomplish the purpose
Or maybe I want to mix a little chiffon in with the suede?
Not sure I am ready for a full on animal print dress, but I can definitely handle these adorable ballerina flats!
Dying to try the sequin skirt look!
9. It used to drive my grandmother absolutely nuts that I could leave the house without a lick of jewelry on and think that it was ok. I always ignored her pleas to amp up my femininity and tried to explain that as a swimmer it was not practical to be constantly bejeweled as I was spending the majority of my day outside of school in the water. Now that I am not swimming on a regular basis, I have no excuses not to experiment with jewelry, and this season I intend to do just that. I hope to add a few fun pieces to my collection this season, particularly with regards to cocktail rings and chain necklaces. I like the bit of edge that they can add to an outfit.
I tend to gravitate towards flower shaped rings, such as this.
Love all the different layers
10. I have already editorialized about my love of boots in practically every post of my new blog, so you probably could have guessed how excited I am for the thigh-high socks peeking out of boots look! As a little girl, I was obsessed with the Spice Girls( I know, I know!) and even though I was a total tom-boy back then, and thus obsessed with sporty spice, I always adored baby spice's thigh high socks! I even dressed as her for some silly college costume party once. I was thrilled when I realized that this look was finally making an appearance on the run way without looking costumy!
The black makes it hard to see,which is why I prefer in gray, but these have three adorable buttons at the top, for an added girly feel!


So now that I have exhausted you by sharing my fall wish list I want to hear about yours! What items are you hoping to see in your closet this season? Share your obsessions girls!!

Bisous!

(Images from topshop.com, torrid.com and polyvore.com)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the sweet comment! I will certainly check out your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear from you ladies! It makes my day to read your comments, so thank you for leaving the love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...