"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
Audrey Hepburn

Friday, December 24, 2010

Fashionable Giving part 6: The friend with everything

Hi doll faces! I hope you are all enjoying some relaxing time off! I know I am going to enjoy every minute of my four day weekend. Today was shopping with my dad and tomorrow is baking day!! I went to my first holiday party tonight, which was a wonderful opportunity to bedazzle myself with sparkle! Have I mentioned that I really love this time of year? Do yall have any special holiday traditions? My dad and I always make this special shopping trip to get stocking stuffers for my mom and then my whole family always spends Christmas Eve together (even though my parents are no longer together) which is so special. We usually watch Chevy Chase's Christmas Vacation, and my mom hates that movie but she still watches it every year because she knows it makes us happy. What a good mom, right!

Ok loves, we are truly down to the last minute now, and I am embarrassed to tell you that I still need a present for my dad. Yikes! I guess I will be braving the chaos of the stores tomorrow and venturing out to find that perfect something for him. If you are in the same boat, and trying to shop for a tricky someone in your life then you don't want to miss the final installment of Fashionable Giving: the pal who has it all! Do you have that one friend who just truly has everything she could need, and a few things that no one needs? Don't fear shopping for this special someone- just view it as a challenge to your creativity!

Under $25
Why not give your pal a reminder of where they came from and how much they loved it with one of these vintage maps hand-embroidered with a red heart. And if you don't see the city you are looking for on refashioned's etsy shop, just send her an email: she takes custom orders! Price: $14-20 Buy here
You can never go wrong with the gift of time, so this Christmas plan  a whole special day for your favorite impossible to shop for pal! I did this for one of my best friends in high school and we had one of the best days of out entire friendship, and still talk about that day! I promise you will make terrific memories. Price: Free!

Under $50
Your friend will proudly display her one-of-a-kind personalized postcard pillow and she will love to brag about the fabulous friend her gave her such a gem! Price: $34 Buy here
A scrapbook is a wonderful way to chronicle your friendship, and a terrific opportunity to use your creativity to show how much you care about your pal. Price: Will vary depending on which scrapbook you choose and how many materials you purchase.
Under $100
For the gal who has everything, naming a star in her honor is the perfect unique and memorable gift that you can be assured she doesn't already have! Price: $54 Buy here
A donation to a charity in your friend's name is truly the gift that keeps on giving, and makes everyone feel jolly! You and your friend will feel terrific about how much you are helping someone in need, and the recipient will never forget your kindness. Price: You decide. Buy here

Over $100 
Give the gift of entertainment this year and purchase two tickets to an event you know your partner-in-crime will love! If you are really lucky, they might just bring you along! Price: Will depend on the event you choose. Buy here
In the crazy times we live in, finding the time to prepare gourmet meals is rare. Why not help your pal serve her family in style by gifting her with 6 prepared gourmet meals. Price: $149. Buy here
 Darlings, I am so anxious to hear your stories about what gifts you give to those impossible to buy for loved ones on your list, so please regale me with your shopping tales dears. I probably won't get to post again until after Christmas so I wish you all a very Merry Christmas! And if you feel like refreshing yourself on all of Fashionable Giving check out all of the previous posts: part 1part 2, part 3, part 4 and part 5
Bisous!

Follow A La Mode et Plus!

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for the follow, my dear!
    Have a wonderful holiday weekend <3

    XXXO
    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh what great gift ideas, definitely good for the friend who has everything :D
    http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your gift ideas and so happy to have found your adorable blog! Thanks for leaving a comment over a wine so I could stumble upon you :-D

    Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

    XOXO Haleigh @ Making Magique (formerly known as Bardot in Blue)

    ReplyDelete
  4. great ideas! Merry Christmas!xx

    http://www.theprovocativecouture.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic gift list! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. these ideas are so amazing!! thanks for sharing!

    merry christmas!

    xox Vicky
    Bikinis & Passports

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas, dear!

    Lovely blog!
    &. maybe we can follow eachother?

    + Join my GIVEAWAY! (last days)

    Kind regards, Valerie

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear from you ladies! It makes my day to read your comments, so thank you for leaving the love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...