"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
Audrey Hepburn

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Those lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer

**Be prepared for mass pictures**
Hi darlings! I hope everyone had a terrific weekend filled with fabulous adventures. I rarely left the couch this weekend, so no real adventures for me. Just a photo shoot with my cousin where we switched off role of photographer/model. I love taking pics with her! It is fun because we both prefer being behind the camera, which forces both of us to learn how to be in front, as well.

College teaches a girl many, many things: 1. You will change your mind several times before you figure out exactly what you want to do with the rest of your life and it is OK! 2. That boy who just learned your name and is promising you the world, probably isn't dreaming about your future children. 3. But perhaps one of the most useful things college teaches you is how to make the most of your wardrobe. A student budget makes it nearly impossible to afford a new wardrobe every season. Plus, does anyone really want to stop wearing that perfect flirty summer frock just because the inevitable autumn chill has come once again? Of course not! Lucky for those of us who may have left behind the college days (but not quite the student budget), there are a cornucopia of ways to extend your summer favorites into the colder days. And all the essentials you need are likely already in your closet.

1. The classic cardigan: An essential in every girl's wardrobe and one of the easiest ways to flawlessly transition your summer options into breeze-ready selections.

For summer, there is nothing better than a flowy, patterned dress that keeps you looking hot, while feeling cool. But by the time November rolls around, you may still be craving the warm colors, while desperately needing some actual warmth.
Well my dolls, don't fret! Just grab your favorite, comfy cardigan, throw on a pair of tights and swap the summer sandals for boots and you are good to go! 
I went with a little blue number to avoid adding too much black to the ensemble, but black is always a classic option.   
The leaves are totally optional :)
2. The comfy sweater: I know you already have a myriad of these just waiting to be paired with a feminine frock to create the perfect cozy, chic choice.

This happened to be one of my favorite summer ensembles, but a pair of open toed heels and short sleeves are not an option for November in D.C.  
But you throw on your favorite cable knit sweater , a skinny belt to keep your waist defined, tights and wedges and you are  autumn ready!
Despite the fact that I wore this dress many, many times during the warmer months, I repeatedly got asked whether I had gotten a new skirt. Layering a sweater over a dress creates the illusion of a whole new outfit. 
The sweater was just so comfy, I wanted to cuddle with myself!
An added bonus of the sweater is that it can turn any dress into work appropriate attire. 
Warning: You will be warm enough to go traipsing around in the woods in this ensemble, but wedges aren't the shoes to do it in! 
3. The faithful jean jacket: Ah, the reliable fall staple that transforms a summer night out selection into a casual, chic number.

This was another summer favorite as it made appearances at both my best friend's wedding shower and the Sex and the City 2 premiere. But once again, bare limbs and peek-a-boo toes just won't do for this time of year. But I didn't really want to retire this for the whole season. 
And cue the trusty jean jacket, knee-highs and boots! Voila, from summer sexy to fall fashionable.  
Fun jewelry is always a necessity when donning a playful jacket... and playing on a swing set :) 
I highly recommend making sure a jean jacket hangs in your closet before the end of this season, as it will never fail you!
The balance beam in heels... not always the best idea!
Now, we all know that their are certain situations where a new outfit truly is required, but for the times when you just need a little update to a classic remember three options: cardigan, sweater and jean jacket! You might just be pleasantly surprised with all the creations you throw together. Do you have any tricks up your sleeve to extend your wardrobe through the seasons ladies? I'd love to hear all about them!

Bisous!

Follow A La Mode et Plus!

19 comments:

  1. the first dress is so cool!!

    bwt, your sense of style is really cool =) u mix things so unique that i could never imagine they will look well together =) For example the blue light dress and the denim jacket with black+white socks and black boots =) such a cool ansamle =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute! love ur printed dresses :)

    natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely agree with you about those three essentials! They make the outfits look quite different, too.
    And also the things college teaches you hehe. Gosh, I sometimes wish to get back to those times but then again, yeah, don´t want my college budget back :D

    xxx
    -M-
    Times Like Mine

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous outfits, you look great!

    thankyou for the comment on my blog :)
    XOXO, BECCA
    www.fashion-train.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE every outfit..you look gorgeous...love the comfy black cardi:)

    Stop by and say Hello♥

    Enter my Spotted Moth Giveaway♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous pictures. I absolutely love that blue dress. You look beautiful... I am your newest follower.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful pictures! I love the dress in the first photo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "1. You will change your mind several times before you figure out exactly what you want to do with the rest of your life and it is OK! 2. That boy who just learned your name and is promising you the world, probably isn't dreaming about your future children. 3. But perhaps one of the most useful things college teaches you is how to make the most of your wardrobe." - Laura, you're a genius writer! Thanks for making me laugh. :)

    You look gorgeous! Your first outfit is especially fab. Of course, I'd expect nothing less from you!

    xoxo Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice pictures you've done in the autumn weather! It would be really nice if could make the pictures bigger in the blogg :) Great job!

    XOXO
    Veronica

    http://de-vero.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. loving all your outfits you look gorge xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you have a great fall wardrobe, I like how there is so much colour in each outfit!
    These pictures are so pretty (not just the clothes) but all the different coloured leaves in the background :)

    ~Em K

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah! Yayay! I so adore the way you transitioned all of these looks from summer to fall - such a gorgeous collection of pictures. And ohmigosh I adore your wardrobe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute dress. Love the boots. Maybe we can follow each other.

    http://mypretaporterblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Totally agree...You look so adorable:) I love all those dresses and your photos are super cute
    Kisses,sweetie pie

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this idea doe a post! I think it's great how you have the summer look and than how to make it more weather friendly now! Great tips! You look really pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loving this post. That 1st patterned dress is stunning and I love the colour of that 3rd dress. :) Great pictures! :)SarahD

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much for your kind words on my blog today, you are a true friend:)

    Stop by and say Hello:)
    Enter my Spotted Moth Giveaway♥

    ReplyDelete

Let me hear from you ladies! It makes my day to read your comments, so thank you for leaving the love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...